Building a Social Network around Questions - An advertisers dream (and we get paid to be the product)

Goal: Creating comingled intimate communities around debate where users are pushed together to discuss and debate their beliefs in weird communities where they agree more than they don’t. Users self-sort themselves through question answering.

Goal 2: Create a backbone for advertisers to slice/dice these answers, advertise to those they want to. Use ZK to assure the advertisers their ads went where they wanted. Use ZK to assure the people answering these questions that it’s all anonymous.

Givens:
People love quizzes (Buzzfeed, Facebook) and the information they generate is profitable for advertisers. People love to debate and want to have discussions.

App walk-through:
User signs in
A new user will answer questions (as many or as few as they want)
All questions have discrete answers.
Questions can be sorted into categories
Eg: Basic, Sports, Politics, Art, Music, Television, Books
Stepping inside those categories can kick off a stream of questions
Eg: Basic – Age bracket, year of birth, sex orientation, state you live in, favorite color etc
You can step out and step into another category and questions can lead to more detail
Eg Sports – Favorite Sport? (Answer NFL) – Favorite NFL team (Giants) – Favorite Giants Player (Phil Simms) – Favorite Giants Superbowl

Once a user has answered a critical number of questions the message board option opens up.
The message boards aren’t fully open to anyone, they are only open to a select slice of people so that they remain purposely small and balanced around a “disagreement question”. They also don’t last. The group chat is open for as long as a critical debate is being had. This can be measured through engagement or people changing their minds.

Eg: A group of 20 users who are male, under 30, live in NJ, Giants fans, 50% believe Saquon is a good draft pick 50% don’t.
Group chats set up – The app will set up the chat group for small groups, but if not enough people participate they disappear. The example above might have a lively debate for a while, but if/when it dies down the whole chat disappears permanently deleted.
Eg: A group of 50 users who are female, 30-45, are married, have kids, 50% are pro-choice 50% are pro-life.
These groups can be plain vanilla as a sports debate or something timelier like above.
Users can post their own questions = takes “karma”… rewards with karma those questions that are answered often. Add answers. Try and force their own debates by creating small communities.

This is like a combo of reddit &BuzzFeed. While it’s fun for the users it’s also building a database of these answers that would be valuable to advertisers. These advertisers would pay to advertise to different slices of people. (Imagine getting an ad that tells you why you’re getting it!) Advertisers might even be the people most likely to post questions.

This is just an idea, and I’m sorry I can’t give you code or a walk through, but I’m old enough and dumb enough to know that I shouldn’t explain more. But I do think the following could happen:

Users are paid to get the advertising.
Advertisers would be incentivized to ask questions and even push the app.
What it needs is that push so my crazy idea to move this forward would be a game-show…

Spin-off: A game show that uses these answers to better display beliefs inside a community and can also drive people back to using the app.
Eg: Family Feud could have a very political bend
We asked men under 45 what % of the US budget should be spent on the military.
We asked women over 50 if they supported Roe v Wade. What % supports it?
Imagine a spicy family feud on CNN or whatever cable channel you want me to say that won’t get me yelled at.

I’m not sure I fully understand your idea. Basically you want to wire people together that have conflicting opinions to debate about the opinions. What I do not understand is, who is providing/deciding the questions? There are topics that are only relevant in specific times like Roe vs Wade while others are timeless like cats or dogs are better house pets. How are questions for time specific topics removed?

I think Nillion is a perfect fit for the idea, as it preserves the user identities and preferences, while giving advertisement providers the ability to target their audience regardless. The only thing I fear is the problem of cyber mobbing. If everyone’s identity is protected with ITS, than many people will have absolutely no reservations to use hate speech. Especially when the opinions are conflicting.

Who is providing the questions - At first the app would build a baselayer of common questions. But then I would allow users to ask the questions and provide the answers. Reddit did this when they started. They kinda faked it till they made it. We start w/ a small community we can build quite a lot of questions into it, and hopefully from there as it grows people ask more questions. Also, the advertisers might want to pay to put their questions up on top first.

The questions never really disappear, the convo’s do. So if you answer RvW you might get a convo that pops up immediately, but later it might be Men who are pro choice over 40 but disagree on the 2nd amendment. The answers are always there so that the app can create the debates.

Hate speech - I’m not wanting to create safe spaces for that, I’d hope there is a way for the community to regulate that. Just like reddit, but anon.

So these debates should be public, but Nillion provides anonymity? Did I understand that correctly?. This would allow for community governed control. Additionally it would be possible to run a hate speech detection algorithm inside Nillion. You could even go as far, if hate speech is detected and the community decided, that this is the case, the system reveals some of the users name. Like John D. wrote: hatespeech. Something like a public pillory :smiling_imp:

I would love to spur debate but in a special situation where people agree more than they disagree. I think it would help w/ the discourse. If you knew you were talking to people who were your age, gender, lived in your county, were fans of the same team, but disagreed on X maybe you’d have a better chance of having a good/fun conversation. I think that’s one angle to get people excited about the app.

The convos would be public to the people who are in the group. The groups agree about most things but disagree about one thing.

I also think people just like answering questions and a good data scientist could come up w/ some fun things here as well. A user could see how they fit/don’t fit w/ peers.

I think family feud is an amazing game show and that CNN (your most neutral news station) would have a hit on their hands if they were able to ask true polling questions from certain slices of people.